THE FLEMINGTON POLICE DEPARTMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Flemington Borough Police Department is currently accepting applications for the Position of PATROLMAN.
Selection Process Overview
The selection process is very competitive, consisting of an initial application, physical qualification test, written examination, a comprehensive background investigation, and in-person interview. Upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment, a comprehensive medical examination and psychological evaluation will be conducted.
All applications will be screened to determine minimum qualifications and automatic disqualifiers. Candidates will be advised of the status of their application.
Employment as a Flemington Police Officer is unique in that it involves the exercise of police powers and the public trust. All candidates will undergo a thorough background investigation which will require completion of a comprehensive Background Investigation Questionnaire.
Besides verifying your responses to the automatic disqualifying questions found in the application, the background investigation will include, but is not limited to, a comprehensive evaluation of the following areas:
- review of personal data and citizenship information, including an applicant’s birth certificate, voter registration, citizenship or naturalization papers, and the presence of tattoos, brands, or other body art, dermal piercing and scarification;
- interviews of an applicant’s spouse, partner, dependents, relatives, associates, and friends;
- review of an applicant’s current and past residences, temporary or permanent, and interviews with landlords, roommates, and neighbors;
- review of an applicant’s high school and college grades, achievements, extracurricular activities and programs, history of absenteeism and/or tardiness, and disciplinary history;
- review of an applicant’s military service, if any, including branch of service, service records, and discharge;
- review of an applicant’s employment/work history, including interviews of current and former employers, discipline, terminations, and unemployment records;
- review of an applicant’s financial status, including assets, debts, reported income, liens, civil judgment, and liabilities;
- review of an applicant’s fraternal, societal, and workplace affiliations such as clubs, social networking sites, fraternities, sororities, and charitable and volunteer organizations;
- review of an applicant’s adult and juvenile criminal history including arrests, convictions, or pretrial intervention for state, county, or local crimes or other offenses, whether or not expunged; and
- review of an applicant’s motor vehicle history, including accidents, driving records, summonses, surcharges, license revocations, failures to appear in court, warrants, vehicle ownership information, and insurance information.
Applicants who demonstrate derogatory conduct that conflicts with the expectations of the Flemington Police position will be disqualified.
You are expected to provide complete and truthful answers to the questions on the application and other documents throughout the selection process. All responses and documents submitted will be subject to verification.
An applicant who intentionally provides false information, any deception or fraud in the application, or in any examination, interview, application, or any other part of the selection process for appointment with the Flemington Police will be disqualified from the selection process at any time.
Candidate Review Board (CRB)
After completion of the Background Investigation, all successful candidates will appear before the CRB for a comprehensive interview.
If an offer of appointment as a police officer is tendered to an applicant, it will be conditional upon successful completion of a medical examination and a psychological evaluation. A medical examination will be given during which the ability to perform the essential functions of the position will be evaluated by a Physician.
Each potential officer will be required to authorize access to ALL MEDICAL AND MENTAL HEALTH RECORDS. The potential officer will also be required to provide urine samples for drug testing analysis. If the Physician determines that an applicant is unable to perform the essential functions of the position, the conditional offer of appointment will be withdrawn.
Please go to PoliceApp.com to apply.